Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ah, exams are finally over.

Now I can study what I want, go where I want, and to a certain extent do what I want until school starts... but then my "schedule" is becoming full very quickly and now looking at the next few months, I realize that I'm going to have my hands full with something just about every day.

Actually, its quite normal to have such a full schedule here; especially kids who have been in school for so long. I suspect it's the same for me when I am at home in school, but I never considered the dilemma of the exchange student in learning a language with people who actually live and work here until now. You have to fit with their rhythm of work and play, and thats not always easy. My best friends here are the ones who make time for me, actually.

I have gotten alot from this semester, but I still feel like I should have done something else... Everyone says that my language has improved, but now I face the fall of this year: where do I go from Japan? It began as a goal and not a stepping stone. If everything goes as I would like it and I move as well as begin to teach English, my language should improve drastically.

I suppose I'll just do my best to get through school, as well as try for Journalism interships (and hopefully write for a blog or two) in order to keep up with a degree.

Tonight is a farewell party for one of my fellow exchange students in Osaka. I'm going to try to look reasonably good for this, so I should leave now and get ready...

I'll blog again tomorrow. Bye everyone!

No comments: